Access to Fair Assessment Statement
Fair assessment is the process by which assessments within qualifications/courses/units can be designed to give all candidates the fairest possible opportunities to show attainment.
The groups which need to be included
In the context of externally accredited provision the policy will need to make reference to the following groups:
- Internal Verifiers.
- Awarding Organisation personnel.
The policy will need to make reference to the following types of Agored Cymru provision where applicable:
- Agored Cymru qualifications approved under QCF
- CQFW units
- Access to Higher Education qualifications approved by QAA
- ‘Locally approved units’.
In designing an assessment strategy and/or individual assessment tasks the following principles will need to be included:
- Fitness for purpose.
- Recognition and respect for equality and diversity.