Registration of learners and award of achievement
In order to register learners all Centres must have received Centre Recognition and have been approved to run appropriate units and levels within a sector(s).
When to register
Early notification is required to ensure that the necessary documentation can be sent to you and that the award of credit for learners can be completed quickly and efficiently. Courses and learners should be registered within 40 working days from the start date of a course.
If centres have any problems complying with this deadline, please contact the Registration and Awards Team to discuss this further.
How to register
The preferred method of registering learners is by uploading files to us through our website. Before you can do this, you will need to create a user account in order that registrations are transferred securely and can be identified as originating from your Centre. You can create an account here .
The address for the secure file transfer area is: https://www.agored.org.uk/registrations
After you have opened this page, you will need to log in using the details supplied.
- After login, you should select the ‘Upload’ tab
- Click ‘Browse...’ to select a file from your local file system
- Select an academic year for which the registrations should be processed
- Click ‘Upload now’ and you will see the file details and the time of upload below. This means we have received your registrations file. Further confirmation of this can be found on the ‘Upload History’ tab.
- Once the learners have been registered with Agored Cymru a Recommendation for the Award of Credit form will be made available on the ‘Download’ tab.
Format for registrations
We need two sets of data to register learners on a Course:
- your unique reference number for the class (a class code)
- the course name
- the start date
- the end date
- a list of Agored Cymru unit IDs or codes used on the course
- a code for any qualification being used
Learner Data (for each learner)
- your unique identifier
- Date of Birth
- current home post code
- the ULN (where available)
- Employment status
- Ability Status
The data should be contained in an Excel spreadsheet or CSV file. Learner data should be arranged in tabular format with columns representing each of the elements of data described above. The column names are not important nor is the column order, although these should be consistently used for all files. The arrangement of the course data is not important, but it should be contained within the same file as the learner data in one of the following ways:
- in header rows
- included as additional columns in the learner records
If course and learner data is not being extracted from your MIS, you can still register electronically by completing an Excel template
The Centre must ensure that learners are aware that their information will be passed to Agored Cymru for registration purposes.
For service standards relating to registrations please go here.