Notifying learner achievement
Recommendation for the Award of Credit (RAC)
The service standards for certification can be found here
The Recommendation for Award of Credit (RAC) Form contains details of the units and learners for each course run you have registered. The RAC will be available on the Agored Cymru secure section of the web site for downloading. An automated e-mail will be sent to Examination Officer contacts to notify centres that RACs are ready to be downloaded.
- The direct address for downloading RAC is Http://www.agored.org.uk/registrations
- Follow the same instructions for uploading but select download
- RACs will be uploaded under various headings:-
- This Week
- Earlier this month
- Last Month
- (all RACs uploaded will be available throughout the year on the web site).
The Centre contact will be expected to:
- Receive RACs.
- Distribute to relevant tutors for completion
- Receive completed forms from tutors, ensuring that the Approved Internal Verifier, External Verifier or the Quality Reviewer has confirmed achievement.
- Check the RAC form is fully completed
- Retain copies of the RACs
- Return the RACs to Agored Cymru as soon as possible following verification
Guidance on completing the Recommendation for Award of Credit (RAC)
Centres who hold AIV status will be notified if they are approved to sign RACs off.
Centres who do not hold the AIV status need to have their RACs signed by the External Verifier (EV) or Quality Reviewer (QR).
Centres should ensure:
- That the AIVS, EV or QR signatures are legible on the RAC
- That the original RACs (not photocopies) are submitted to Agored Cymru
Upon receipt of RACs for certification the AIVS, EV and QR signatures are checked by the Registration and Awards Team to ensure the correct verifier has signed the RAC.
Pre-printed information should not be amended except for spelling mistakes. In no circumstances should unit information be amended on this form. If the incorrect unit has been included on the RAC, please contact Agored Cymru regarding the error and an amended RAC will be issued with the correct details.
Please ensure that all learner names are spelt correctly on the RAC and any changes made to learner names should be initialled by the AIVS, EV or QR. The learner names will be printed on the individual certificates.
Completing the RAC for awarding credit
Tutors are responsible for ensuring that the RAC is completed accurately. Credit must only be recommended when a learner has achieved all the learning outcomes for a unit.
- Please tick the appropriate unit box for learners who have achieved credit
- The RAC should be signed by the Tutor/Co-ordinator
- The RAC should also be countersigned by the Approved Internal Verifier (AIVS) for the centre, the External Verifier (EV) or the Quality Reviewer (QR).
- Qualifications - If learners have achieved the full Qualification the Qualification Box on the front of the RAC should be completed (Title of Qualification and Qualification Code).
Agored Cymru will issue certificates for learners who have successfully completed Qualifications and Unit(s) within 25 working days of receipt of completed RAC forms. The certificate will show the course title, the unit title, credit value and level of units achieved by the learner.
All certificates will be forwarded to centres, via a secure route (courier, recorded delivery or by hand), for the attention of the specified contact for distribution to learners promptly.
In circumstances where a learner is being recommended for a qualification it is essential that the Tutor, Internal Verifier and Quality Reviewer, where appropriate, confirm that all assessment tasks required to achieve the qualification have been successfully completed, to the required standard, including any externally marked tasks.
Registering Learners on NOCN Qualifications
Please note that if you are registering learners on NOCN Qualifications or units (QQ code) you should complete the NOCN Course Learner Registration Form (CLRF) and refer to the NOCN Centre Handbook for completion. (http://www.nocn.org.uk/document/1696)
Please ensure that learners are registered prior to the qualification accreditation end date and meets the minimum age requirements
The service standards regarding enquiries about availability of resuilts can be found here.