The Verifiers Role in Assessment
Verifiers confirm the award of credit; they do NOT make the assessment decision.
Internal verification confirms that the quality assurance of the programme preparation, delivery, assessment, documentation and certification complies with Agored Cymru procedures.
External verification ensures that:
- there is regional and national consistency in the way assessment criteria are applied;
- the regulatory standards have been applied;
- tutors/assessors have the opportunity to discuss all the issues involved in running the programme;
- borderline achievement is resolved;
- evidence for achievement meets the assessment standard.