Membership of Agored Cymru
Agored Cymru is a membership organisation that expresses its mission and ethos and enacts a shared learner-centre focus through its members.
It is presumed that organisations applying for centre recognition will also apply to become a member of Agored Cymru. If you do NOT wish to apply for membership status, please complete the relevant section on the application to ‘opt out’ of the membership application process.
What are the benefits of being a member of Agored Cymru?
- Offers members the opportunity to elect a number of places to the Board.
- Produces publicity and promotional materials for learners, providers, employers and the public to enhance their understanding and appreciation of credit and qualifications.
- Hosts or participates in events to promote credit, informal learning, inclusive learning, widening participation.
- Offers its services at a reduced rate to member organisations and offers members priority booking at conferences and other events.
How can members of Agored Cymru engage in the governance process?
- All members are entitled to nominate staff from their organisation (or other member organisations) to be considered for election to the Board of Directors of Agored Cymru.
- All members have voting rights (one per organisation) and can attend the Annual General Meeting and any Extraordinary General Meeting where issues relating to the constitution and governance of the organisation are discussed and resolutions reached. All members are entitled to nominate staff from their organisation (or other member organisations) to be considered for election to the Board of Directors of Agored Cymru.
What are the responsibilities of being a member of Agored Cymru?
Members must agree:
- to ensure that, where their interests may conflict with Agored Cymru standards and policy, they do not attempt to use their membership of Agored Cymru to exert undue influence adversely on Agored Cymru’s decisions and practice
- to act in matters relating to their membership of Agored Cymru with objectivity, transparency and an over-riding commitment to high quality standards that are the consistent hallmarks of Agored Cymru’s activities.