Equal Opportunities and Diversity policy
An Equal Opportunities and Diversity policy:
- states the organisations’ values on equality and diversity (fairness) and how they will be put into practice
shows the organisations’ learners, staff, potential recruits and customers that you are serious about fairness and helps them understand:
- What behaviour the organisation expects and what is not acceptable
- What they can expect of the organisation.
- Underpins your action plans
- Helps you comply with the law.
The groups which need to be included
The policy will need to address all groups and prospective groups which may be in contact with the Centre. It is the Centre’s responsibility to identify the appropriate groups.
The Centre policy should relate to the organisation’s size and make-up and the nature of your business. The opening section of the policy should contain:
- a statement of the organisations aim to encourage, value and manage diversity
- the commitment to providing equality for all
- a commitment to developing provision that is representative of the communities the organisation is serving.
You should then identify the areas of discrimination that may be encountered.