Agored Cymru is a charity and company limited by guarantee. It is a membership organisation that expresses its mission and ethos through a shared learner-centred approach. All organisations that have become Agored Cymru recognised centres have an entitlement to become an Agored Cymru member.
Membership of Agored Cymru
The benefits membership brings to Agored Cymru are:
- the enhancement of each recognised centre’s relationship with Agored Cymru;
- an appropriate way to express Agored Cymru’s mission and ethos and to achieve a shared learner-centred focus;
- facilitation of easy access to data, information and training that supports quality improvement
- opportunities for centres to participate in events and networks for the development of the curriculum or for policy related matters
- a route for members to elect a certain number of places to the Board to maintain good understanding and communication.
The Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organisation and for ensuring that it meets all its responsibilities to staff, member organisations, wider stakeholders and external agencies.
The Board of Directors is made up of
- 60% appointed members to bring externality to decision making
- 40% elected by member organisations
The Chair of the Board is Peter James.
The Board is supported in its work by two committees:
- Quality, Standards and Regulation Committee
- Finance and General Purposes Committee
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting provides an opportunity for member organsiations and wider stakeholders to gain a greater understanding of the work of the Board and its committees and to contribute to the development of strategy.
Vacancies on the Board are advertised on the web site.