Health and Care
Agored Cymru has a suite of credit rated unit for use in the health and social care sectors.
• mapped to National Occupational Standards (NOS),
• mapped to the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF) (where appropriate)
• mapped to the Care Council for Wales Standards and Codes of Practice (where appropriate)
• approved by the NHS Wales Accredited Learning Panel hosted by NLIAH, and/or the Care Council for Wales.
• included on the Credit and Qualification Framework for Wales (CQFW)
The units can be used:-
• to underpin and augment health and social care NQF qualifications such as NVQ’s and the new QCF Diploma’s
• to provide quality assurance for continuing professional development
• to provide quality assured customised training for new, merged or redesigned roles
• to claim exemption as part of a QCF qualification, for example Welsh in the Workplace
• as a stand alone credit rated units
• to provide learning opportunities for patients/service users who manage their own long term conditions, and for carers who support them
• to provide opportunities for groups of workers who have few formal qualifications
• as quality assured evidence for Personal Development Plans (PDPs)
For further information about Agored Cymru health and social care curriculum please click here to use the unit search facility. To view units approved by NLIAH and Care Council Wales ensure that the CQFW box is checked.