14-19 Learning Pathways Case Study
Individual Learning Pathways
A number of learning providers across Wales have introduced the NOCN Skills Towards Enabling Progression (Step Up) Qualifications to enable them to meet individual learner needs and provide individual learning pathways. Units and qualifications are available at Entry level 3 and level 1. The suite of qualifications is a flexible and responsive range of general and pre-vocational qualifications that have been devised with the aim to progress learners into further learning and/or employment.
The NOCN Step-UP Qualifications (QCF) comprising of:
- a range of core units in curriculum areas that provide opportunities for learners to develop skills in the following: literacy and numeracy, ICT, employability, learning to learn and personal development.
- a range of vocational ‘taster’ units in different sector specific areas that provide opportunities for learners to test out their abilities and personal preferences before selecting a chosen career or employment route.
Each qualification can be made up of a combination of core units and optional units, or core units alone. Optional units are available in a range of sector areas and may be used as vocational tasters including:
- Building and Construction
- Child Development and Well-Being
- Crafts, Creative Arts and Design
- Foundations for Learning and Life
- Horticulture and Forestry
- ICT for Users
- Media and Communication
- Performing Arts
- Preparation for Work
- Retailing and Wholesaling
- Service Enterprises
- Sport, Leisure and Recreation
- Transportation Operations and Maintenance
If you would like to find out more about working with Agored Cymru please complete a new business enquiry form - available on the website here. If you would prefer to ask about Step Up units and qualifications available, or have an informal chat before completing the form please ring 02920 747866 or 01248 670011 and ask for a member of the Business Development team