Health and Care Curriculum
Welcome to Agored Cymru, if you work in the health or care sector detailed information about using Agored Cymru Curriculum can be found:
You might also find the following information helpful.
New to Agored Cymru?
1. Read the Centre Handbook on the website www.agored.org.uk/Centrehandbook
You can only use Agored Cymru units through an approved Agored Cymru Centre.
2 If you wish to find out how to become a new centre, please follow the process on
3 Finding an Agored Cymru Centre to work in partnership with
- There are over 300 Agored centres in Wales.
- All Health Boards and NHS Trusts in Wales are Agored centres. NHS and NPHS staff are advised to use the nearest Health Board or NHS Trust centre. These are usually based in the Training Departments and contacts are available on HOWIS or on Health Board / Trust intranets.
- Partnerships with the Voluntary Sector and FE Colleges are also possible: https://www.agored.org.uk/default.aspx?id=414&
- Further information about centres and partnerships is available from Agored Cymru Business Development Manager (Health) . Contact details are: Sue.Saunders@agored.org.ukor 02920 747 866
4 Meet the Centre contact and discuss:
- Your training needs
- Cost sharing
- Registration and Certification
- Assessors and Assessment
- Internal Verification and Direct Claims status
- Approved Internal Verifiers / External Verification
The NHS Framework and Unit Groups
The Wales NHS Accredited Learning Panel has approved a suite of units for use in healthcare settings on the Quality assured learning (QALL) pillar of the Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales (CQFW).
Units and unit groups can be found on the website under the Units tab.